October 26, 2015

Part 11 - The Amazing Journey of a Boring Man

Both me and James were up and moving very early the next morning. There really was no reason for me to get up so early, but I really didn't sleep all that well, since I was sleeping and waking in fits all night. As we ate breakfast, we discussed our plans for the day, and the future. The main thing we had to think about was the best way to get me back home safely. We also theorized about Dr. Harwin's murderers and the likely hood that they could still be in the neighborhood.

Finally we decided that the safest plan would be to get me out of here as soon as possible, rather than waiting to see if  the murderers were still around. With that in mind we began to discuss how to best achieve that goal. It would be a long ride on a sled to the nearest settlement, but it seemed there were few other options. I asked him if there was a bush pilot somewhere that could come and pick me up, but all that James said was, "Well, there isn't one very close."

While James debated in his mind about the best course of action, I stared at one of James guns thinking about all that had occurred the last could of days. Suddenly looking at that gun I remembered something, something  about the expedition. I began to grow very afraid and stood up suddenly, knocking over my chair. James looked at me in surprise and said, "What is it?" Trembling I said, "I remember, some of the men on the expedition, they had guns, lot's of guns, and big ones, when I saw them, I knew that something was wrong."

No comments:

Post a Comment