November 9, 2015

Part 13 - The Amazing Journey of a Boring Man

"There were already a couple of men with guns at the bunker waiting for us when we arrived, they came out as soon as we pulled up in front of the bunker. The next thing I knew the four of us were surrounded by men with guns." "Wait a second," James interjected, "What do you mean, 'four of us'?" "Yes, there was me, Dr. Harwin, Dr. Smith, and Dr. Winkle. Everyone else there was in on their evil plan." "Okay," he said, and then I went on, "We were led inside the bunker at gun point, and then locked into individual cells, so that we couldn't talk to each other. I was horribly terrified that first night, locked alone in my cell, it was very cold in there too."

When I paused again, lost in thought, James asked, "So then what happened?" "Well, the next morning they drug us out of our cells and brought us into what appeared to be the main room of the bunker. The leader of the expedition, who went only by the name 'Crazy Carl', was there in the room, along with the infamous Dr. Perry Longhouse, who I think was the mastermind of the whole plan. Crazy Carl told us that, we were to consider ourselves prisoners and to entertain no thought of escape. We were also told that we would be shot if we did try to escape."

"There were at least ten men in the bunker, I think, and all of them were very well armed, not to mention the security systems, and chain link fence that ran all the way around the bunker. Thus you can see that at first I thought that trying to escape would be impossible. For the first three days after we arrived we were kept locked up, separated, and received very bad food, but on the fourth day we were pulled out and brought back to the main room. There Dr. Longhouse told the four of us, that we were brought to their bunker to work on a 'special project' for them."

"What was the project?" James asked. "It was a weapon," I said with my voice cracking, "A powerful radiation weapon... a weapon capable of wiping out the entire population of... of any city."

No comments:

Post a Comment